Hope you’re all having a great start to the week! This is really going to be an insane week for me at work so I’m already counting down the days to the weekend! Oh well!
Anyway, onto today’s post. I’ve already done this before, but as the questions for this type of award are different, I said to myself, ‘Why Not?’!
A big thank you goes out to the lovely Janice from The Simple Beginner who’s blog I came across recently, and love reading 🙂 I definitely recommend you check her out! You’ll find a little bit of everything 🙂
The Liebster Award
- Mention, link and thank the blog who nominated you
- Answer the nominator’s 11 questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers and link them below
- Create 11 questions of your own for your nominated blogs to answer
- Notify your nominees via social media
Here are my answers to Janice’s questions:
1. Mother’s Day is coming up (May 10th), what’s something you’d tell your mum?
Sadly my mother passed away 13 years ago so I won’t really be able to tell her anything. However, if she were here, I’d just give her a big hug, tell her that I love her, and that she did an amazing job with bringing me up. I really don’t feel that there is need for anything else – sometimes, the simpler things are the more meaningful ones. This will be exactly what I’ll do for my dad as he did a great job at being ‘a mother’ as well as a father (although his cooking leaves much to be desired!) 🙂
2. What’s your favourite Tim Tam flavour?
OMG! Ok…let me backtrack here. I don’t get Tim Tam’s were I’m from, but recently my cousin got a packet from her holiday in Australia. They were the chocolate ones. I died and went to heaven! Yummmm.
3. Which chocolate do you love the most and why?
Ohh I love chocolate so much! Too bad it loves sticking in stubborn places!! Hmm KitKat is just amazing. There are many others I like but KK is always one I’ll pick up.
4. What does a typical day look like for you?
Weekdays: Wake up at 7am, shower, get ready, quick breakfast then off to work. Start at 8am but get in at 8:30am which is quite good as most people get in at 9:00am. During the day, deal with clients (I work in advertising), sadly eat lunch at my desk, more emails and calls, then get home at approx 6:30pm. After work, I’ll either go to the gym, meet some friends, do some food shopping or else reading blogs, listening to music and watching make up videos. Dinner, some Tv with my boyfriend, go to bed and repeat!
Weekends: Not wake up at 7am! I get my chores and errands done in the mornings then the rest of the day is usually spent with my boyfriend and friends. I also get my blogs prepared for the week ahead and try do some work on my nutrition diploma course. I cannot keep up ahh!!
5. Who inspires you and why?
I can’t say that I am inspired by an one person in particular. However, I do feel inspired by people that follow their dreams, don’t care about what people think of them or what society expects of them (obviously within reason!), people that are truly happy, in love with life and kind, honest and hard working.
6. What does a warm, hearty home cooked meal look like to you? (Describe it).
I tend to associate a hearty cooked meal with a typical dinner, that is, some sort of meat or poultry with potatoes and vegetables. It’s not necessarily my favourite but I think I refer to this probably as it’s a typical meal during social occassions like Christmas time.
7. If we met, what would you want to do together?
Ah that would be so cool! 🙂 Hmm, one of my favourite things to do with my girlfriends is to go out for wine and chat haha. It’s a great way to get to know someone and good for a laugh too! There are many other things but this is just the first that popped into my mind. Do you like wine, Janice? 😉
8. What are you currently reading? (It can be a book, a magazine, a website or article)
Currently reading chapter 18 of my nutrition course – common problems. Three more assignments to go and I’m done!
9. How do you style your hair everyday?
It depends. I try to leave it natural most days – so mostly straight with a bit of a beachy wave to it. If it’s not cooperating with me then it get’s tied up in a clip. If I feel like doing something to it, I’ll blow dry it straight.
10. Do you like sushi?
I. Love. Sushi. Especially Sashmi and Asian broths. My favourites!
11. What’s one thing you want but can’t have?
Knowing that myself and my loved ones will always have good health and a happy life in the future. It’s true that a lot of our decisions affect that, but unfortunately sometimes life throws things our way that we cannot control.
- The Makeup Case
- The Pink Impact
- Styled by Lauren
- Caryl Almelor
- Life as Lisa Knows It
- Styled with Joy
- All Things Britney Lee
- Stash Matters
- Stephie Estie
- I am Serene L
- Beautiful Breakable
- Is there a brand that you used to love but now really dislike?
- Most favourite make up look ever?
- If we met for a day, what would we do? (I’m copying you Janice, sorry really liked this one!)
- How do you style your hair on a daily basis?
- What product is at the top of your most wanted list?
- What’s your dream job?
- Favourite nail colour?
- Favourite comfort food/treat?
- What are your goals to achieve this year?
- What do you really want but can’t have? (another copy from Janice!)
- Favourite YouTuber?
Thanks everyone for stopping by to read, hope you’ve enjoyed this 🙂 To those that I’ve nominated, obviously this is optional but would love to see what you have to say!
Have a great week everyone!
The Beautiful Blogger Award
The Jolly Blogger Award
The Real Neat Blogger Award
The Liebster Award #1
The Versatile Blogger Award
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award